Windows Startup Challenge, is a joint initiative between Startup Weekend, Microsoft and DEMO to help developers, designers and entrepreneurs go from prototype to development to launch. If you have a Windows Store app idea, apply to compete by January 29th for a chance to get publicity, expert help and mentorship, connections to investors and a free trip to San Francisco to unveil your app at DEMO Mobile on April 17th, 2013 in front of top tier investors, VCs and press! See below for more details.
Are you ready to launch your Windows Store app at DEMO Mobile 2013?
If you have a Windows Store app idea, just apply and compete for a chance to launch your app at DEMO Mobile on April 17th, 2013.
About the Challenge
This is a joint effort between Microsoft, Startup Weekend and DEMO to accelerate apps from prototype to development to launch.
It’s easy to enter the challenge
- Submit app prototype! This can be a video, a slideshare presentation, screenshots, whatever as long as it hits on the judging criteria.
- Get votes! Once your app prototype is approved, tweet the link using #windowschallenge and share it to collect votes (50% of your score will be based on public voting).
- First Prize: Top team will receive a free trip to San Francisco to launch at DEMO Mobile on April 17th, 2013.
- Second Prize: Top five teams will receive a marketing package to promote and launch the app.
- Third Prize: All semi-finalists will receive free design and technical support from experts.
The entry period ends on January 29, 2013. Please submit a prototype of your app here.
Here are some links for your reference:
- Submission Facebook Tab: http://bit.ly/windowsstartupchallenge
- Startup Weekend announce blog: http://bit.ly/U4Rix3
- Official Rules: http://startupweekend.org/windows-startup-challenge-official-rules/
- Resources: http://startupweekend.org/windows-startup-challenge-official-rules/#resources
- Support Group on Facebook (make sure you join this group): https://www.facebook.com/groups/windowschallenge/
- DEMO page: https://www.eiseverywhere.com/ehome/DEMO/Windows%208
- Startup Weekend page: http://startupweekend.org/microsoft/microsoft-sw/
- Social Media:
Official twitter hashtag: #WindowsChallenge
Other twitter hashtags: #startups, #launch, #DEMO2013, #WindowsStore, #WindowsApp, #prototype, #developers, #designers
Mentions: @startupweekend, @DEMO, @windevs, @bizspark, @Microsoft
Feel free to share this with your local IT community and share about this in your Facebook, blogs and emails to your community members.